New Delhi, August 21, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
The dismantling of multiple alleged terror modules linked to the Shahzad Bhatti network has dealt a significant blow to its recruitment efforts, with Indian intelligence officials reporting a sharp decline in online activity since Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced the crackdown last week.
According to the Home Minister, Indian agencies busted multiple modules allegedly involved in recruiting young people through social media for terror-related activities and arrested more than 200 people ahead of India’s 80th Independence Day celebrations.
An Intelligence Bureau official said the operation had particularly affected the morale of the Bhatti network, which was allegedly backed by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and had been attempting to establish a large network of small modules across India.
According to the official, recruiters targeted young people by offering them money, weapons and the prospect of gaining notoriety. Recruited individuals were allegedly assigned tasks including installing CCTV cameras at crowded locations, carrying out targeted attacks and transporting small quantities of drugs.
Officials said the network had been able to contact scores of young people and receive responses during its active phase. However, online recruitment activity has declined considerably following the arrests, while some prospective recruits have reportedly begun questioning the network’s agenda and rejecting its offers.
The intelligence official described this shift in perception among young people as a major setback for the network. Agencies have also been conducting awareness efforts to warn youth about the risks of becoming involved with terror-linked organisations.
Bhatti has sought to challenge the Indian agencies’ account of the crackdown, claiming that the approximately 3,000 youth allegedly recruited by his network remain with him and questioning whether those arrested were actually members of his organisation.
Indian officials described those claims as an attempt to project confidence and counter the impact of the crackdown. They said Bhatti would likely attempt to rebuild his recruitment network, but the recent action had damaged the confidence and operational reach of his recruiters.
The officials said investigations and further action against the network are continuing, alongside efforts to prevent vulnerable youth from being drawn into such operations.





























































































