Ferozepur, August 21, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
The Punjab bandh call issued by the Qaumi Insaaf Morcha received a strong response in Ferozepur district, with markets, private schools and several business establishments remaining closed on Thursday in support of the demand for the release of Sikh prisoners who have completed their sentences.
The bandh remained peaceful across the district, with no untoward incident reported, according to police.
Protesters blocked traffic at Octroi No. 7, a key exit point towards Zira and Ludhiana, and raised slogans against the government. The blockade disrupted traffic movement, while public transport services also remained suspended, leaving several passengers stranded.
Government offices and other government institutions continued to function normally, while private schools remained closed. Markets in Zira and Guruharsahai also remained shut, with the bandh passing off peacefully in both areas.
Lakhbir Singh Mahalam of the Qaumi Insaaf Morcha said people across Ferozepur district had extended full support to the bandh.
SSP Bhupinder Singh said adequate security arrangements had been put in place across the district to maintain law and order. He confirmed that no untoward incident had been reported during the bandh.






























































































