spot_img
spot_img

Rahul, Priyanka Gandhi Continue Dharna at Parliament Street Police Station, Demand FIR Over Student’s Pellet Injuries

New Delhi, August 21, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)

Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi on Friday continued his sit-in outside the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police at Delhi’s Parliament Street Police Station, demanding registration of an FIR over the alleged use of pellet guns against a student during protests seeking education reforms last month.

Congress MP Priyanka Gandhi Vadra also joined Rahul Gandhi at the dharna. The Congress has claimed that student Sahil Lochab suffered pellet-gun injuries during the July 20 protests at Jantar Mantar.

Speaking during the protest, Rahul Gandhi questioned the Delhi Police’s alleged denial that pellet guns were used against the protesters.

“See, the Delhi Police said that ‘we didn’t shoot the pellet gun’. But here is the boy who got hit by a pellet gun. Maybe he shot himself? We don’t know. An FIR for that has to be filed,” he said.

Gandhi alleged that the police were sending the complainants from one police station to another instead of registering the case.

“They are sending us from one station to another. We will not go from here because they will not file the FIR. An FIR should be registered,” he said.

Referring to what he described as an AIIMS medical report, Gandhi claimed that more than 200 pellets were lodged in the student’s body, including three in his eye, resulting in loss of vision in that eye. He also claimed that some pellets were located near the student’s heart and could not be removed.

“Pellet gun was used at Connaught Place on 20th July. AIIMS report clearly says that there are more than 200 shells inside his body and 3 in his eye. He has lost vision in that eye. There are shells near his heart that cannot be touched. Delhi Police say they did not fire pellet guns. So, there is just one question: Someone must have done it,” Gandhi said.

He further alleged that police officials had told them they had received instructions “from the top” and could not register an FIR.

“A crime has indeed happened…We are demanding that an FIR be registered. They told us that they have received order from the top and they cannot file an FIR. We won’t budge from here until an FIR is registered…All we demand is justice for this family,” Gandhi said, alleging that the Union Home Ministry and Delhi Police were preventing justice.

In a post on X, Gandhi said he had gone to the DCP office to seek registration of an FIR over what he described as “police brutality” against Sahil Lochab.

He alleged that Lochab was peacefully protesting at Jantar Mantar on July 20 when police attacked him with a pellet gun, severely injuring him and putting the vision in one eye at risk.

Gandhi described the alleged action as illegal and a serious crime, and questioned the Prime Minister and Union Home Minister Amit Shah over the incident.

He said the FIR would be registered and a judicial inquiry would be held, adding that action would be taken against everyone found responsible “from top to bottom”.

“The FIR will be filed. A judicial enquiry will take place. And action will be taken against everyone—from top to bottom—who is guilty of this brutality. We will ensure justice for Sahil, and every student victim like him,” he said.

YesPunjab Logo
YesPunjab has a WhatsApp Channel
Follow it for the latest updates and headlines.

Stay Connected

219,202FansLike
109,267FollowersFollow

Popular - Latest

spot_img
spot_img

Ajj Da Hukamnama

showbiz

SPORTS & GAMES

BUSINESS

transfers & postings

OPINIONS