Amsterdam, August 21, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
The Baloch National Movement (BNM) organised a protest and rally in the Netherlands condemning reported Pakistani airstrikes in Balochistan’s Surab district and calling for an independent international investigation into the alleged civilian casualties.
Addressing the gathering, BNM activists described the reported Surab incident as a serious humanitarian tragedy and expressed concern over what they said was the deteriorating human rights situation in Balochistan.
According to the BNM, more than 30 civilians, including women and children, were killed in the reported airstrikes. The group alleged that the Pakistani Air Force carried out bombardment in residential areas of Gidar in Surab during the early hours of August 12, resulting in civilian deaths and extensive property damage.
The protesters urged the United Nations, European Union and international human rights organisations to take immediate notice of the incident and conduct an independent and transparent investigation to establish the facts and determine responsibility.
They also appealed to Dutch civil society, political leaders and other European governments to draw attention to alleged rights violations in Balochistan and support affected families.
The BNM said it would continue raising awareness about the situation in Balochistan in the Netherlands and other European countries, while calling for greater protection of civilians and restoration of human rights.
Separately, Tara Chand, President of the Baloch American Congress, wrote to US President Donald Trump earlier this week seeking intervention over the reported Pakistani military airstrikes in Surab.
In his letter, Chand urged the US administration to investigate the allegations and determine whether any US-origin aircraft, weapons, drones, technology, components or other military equipment were used in the reported operation.
He also called for an examination of whether US-origin defence equipment supplied to Pakistan was involved, including appropriate end-use and compliance reviews. Chand urged the US to support an independent investigation into the reported civilian casualties and examine any potential violations of US law, arms-transfer conditions or international humanitarian law.
He further called for a review of relevant US military assistance or transfers if credible evidence establishes that American-origin equipment was misused against civilians.
“Mr. President, a Baloch child’s life is as precious as the life of any child anywhere in the world,” Chand wrote, adding that the Baloch community was seeking an investigation to establish the truth, protect civilians and ensure accountability rather than asking the US administration to prejudge the evidence.






























































































