New Delhi, August 18, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has arrested five foreign nationals, including a woman, for allegedly operating a transnational drug trafficking network from New Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, and seized narcotics worth nearly ₹15 crore, officials said on Tuesday.
The operation has so far resulted in the recovery of 14.787 kg of amphetamine, 67.840 kg of pseudoephedrine, 318 grams of cocaine and six grams of heroin, according to the NCB.
Four of the arrested accused have been identified as Nigerian nationals Obase Prosper Ogboronjor, Abuchi George Okorie, Uchenna Stephen Nwanko and Chikezie Joshua Igwe. The identity of the arrested woman, who is believed to be from an African country, is being established, the agency said.
The investigation began following intelligence inputs from the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (UP STF). During a joint search by the UP STF and NCB at Raju Park in Khanpur, New Delhi, on July 18, officials recovered 5.087 kg of amphetamine and arrested Ogboronjor.
The NCB said Ogboronjor was also wanted by the UP STF in connection with a cyber-fraud case involving around ₹68 lakh. Its investigation found that he had continued to stay in India after his medical visa expired in June 2023.
A subsequent search at a premises in Hans Enclave, Gurugram, on July 21 led to the recovery of 9.7 kg of amphetamine and 67.84 kg of pseudoephedrine and the arrest of Okorie.
The NCB said pseudoephedrine is a notified controlled substance under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act and can be diverted for the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine. Okorie had entered India on a medical attendant visa that was valid until June 2015 and allegedly remained in the country illegally thereafter.
Following the investigation into the backward linkages of the network, the NCB identified a suspected premises in Mehrauli, New Delhi. A search conducted there on August 3 resulted in the seizure of 318 grams of cocaine and six grams of heroin and the arrest of Nwanko and Igwe.
According to the NCB, both Nigerian nationals had been illegally residing in India for around 13 years.
During the operation, a woman accomplice allegedly attempted to flee and jumped from a balcony, sustaining injuries. She is currently undergoing treatment, the agency said.
The investigation into the alleged transnational drug network is continuing.





























































































































