Jaipur, August 18, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday demanded the immediate withdrawal of the state government’s order restricting photography, videography and other media-related activities in government schools without prior permission.
Reacting to the order, Gehlot questioned the rationale behind imposing such restrictions when education remains a major subject of national debate and called for greater transparency in the functioning of government schools.
He also questioned whether the decision had been discussed with Chief Minister Bhajan Lal Sharma or taken collectively by the state Cabinet.
“Did the Ministers consult the Chief Minister? Did the entire Cabinet advise on this order? Was this a collective Cabinet decision? We want to know,” Gehlot said.
The Congress leader expressed concern that restricting access to government schools could affect transparency and create difficulties in their day-to-day functioning.
“You have barred the media from entering. No one else can go in either without permission. Schools have so many operational needs. Yet you say no one can enter without permission,” he said.
Gehlot argued that Rajasthan’s education system required comprehensive reforms rather than restrictions. He called for measures to prevent examination paper leaks and said India needed a fundamentally different approach to education that could demonstrate its priority to the sector globally.
“The education sector needs radical transformation. We need reforms that prevent paper leaks and bring an entirely new approach to education, sending a message to the world that India gives priority to education,” he said.
He described education and healthcare as the two most important concerns for ordinary citizens, adding that families primarily seek quality education for their children and adequate healthcare facilities.
Gehlot also criticised the functioning of the state Education Department and said the latest order had further affected its credibility.
He reiterated his demand that the government withdraw the order immediately, arguing that strengthening education requires greater transparency and meaningful reforms rather than restrictions.
“The order should be withdrawn,” Gehlot said.




























































































































