New Delhi, August 18, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
Pakistan’s military establishment has reacted sharply to a Discovery Channel documentary on Operation Sindoor, with its media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), questioning India’s account of the operation and its reported success.
Titled Declassified: Operation Sindoor, the two-part documentary premiered on August 15 and features Indian military leaders and personnel involved in planning and executing the operation. The documentary examines the military action undertaken by India following the Pahalgam terror attack.
The ISPR has described the documentary as India’s own portrayal of the operation and questioned the claim of 100 per cent success.
Indian officials cited in the report said the documentary has revived scrutiny in Pakistan over the outcome of Operation Sindoor and the response of the country’s military establishment. They claimed that the operation caused significant damage to infrastructure associated with terror groups, including the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) and Hizbul Mujahideen.
According to the officials, the operation damaged training facilities and headquarters and resulted in casualties among personnel associated with these groups. They said the documentary has brought renewed attention to issues that Pakistan’s military establishment would prefer to move away from.
An Intelligence Bureau official said the ISPR had been instructed to repeatedly challenge the documentary’s authenticity and narrative. The official claimed that the Pakistani military and intelligence establishment had engaged in an information campaign against India since Operation Sindoor, including through social media accounts allegedly used to circulate narratives targeting the Indian armed forces.
Officials said intelligence agencies were monitoring such online activity, warning that manipulated videos and images could be used to discredit the Indian military and the Union government and influence international perceptions of Operation Sindoor.
The officials described the ISPR’s latest criticism as part of the broader information and disinformation campaign surrounding the operation.



























































































































