Quetta, August 23, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
A security official was killed and six others injured after a roadside explosive device targeted a security convoy in Balochistan’s Mastung district, police said.
The blast took place on Saturday in the Khad Kocha area along the Quetta-Karachi National Highway, when an explosive device planted near the road was detonated as security vehicles passed through the area. One vehicle was hit, while the remaining vehicles escaped damage.
Police said an exchange of fire followed the explosion, but the attackers fled after additional security personnel reached the area. The body of the deceased official and the injured were shifted to Nawab Ghous Bakhsh Raisani Memorial Hospital.
Authorities subsequently closed the highway and launched a search operation to trace those responsible for the attack.
The incident came amid heightened militant violence in Balochistan, where security forces have faced repeated attacks in recent weeks.
In a separate incident earlier this week, the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) claimed responsibility for an operation in Saranan town of Pishin district, saying its fighters had taken control of several government buildings, including a police station and a National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) office.
According to reports, BLA fighters seized arms and ammunition from the police station before destroying the building with explosives. Several government offices were also reportedly set on fire.
BLA spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch claimed the group had taken several police personnel into custody during the operation and later released them. The group also claimed responsibility for the attack.
The latest blast follows another deadly explosion in Khad Kocha, where six people were killed and three injured in an incident at an orchard on Friday. Police said the exact nature and cause of that blast were being investigated.






























































































