spot_img
spot_img

Iran Warns Countries Joining US Economic Pressure They Will Be Treated as ‘Enemies’

Tehran, August 23, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)

Iran has warned that countries joining the United States in its economic campaign against Tehran will be regarded as “enemies”, as tensions continue to escalate between Iran and Washington.

Mohsen Rezaei, secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, issued the warning on Saturday in an interview with state-run IRIB TV. He said Tehran would initially negotiate with countries participating in the US economic pressure campaign and ask them to remain outside the conflict.

However, Rezaei warned that countries refusing to do so could face action against their interests. He said that if neighbouring countries joined what he described as the US siege, Iran would not allow “even a single drop of oil” to be exported through the Strait of Hormuz, according to Xinhua news agency.

Rezaei said Iran had gained experience in circumventing US sanctions and maintaining its oil exports over the years.

He also reiterated Tehran’s position that the Strait of Hormuz would remain closed unless Washington fulfils its commitments under an Iran-US memorandum of understanding signed in June. According to Rezaei, the United States would have to take the first step this time.

Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi separately criticised Washington’s latest economic measures, arguing that previous US pressure campaigns against Iran had failed.

“14 years ago: ‘Most crippling sanctions in history.’ Failed. 8 years ago: ‘Maximum pressure.’ Failed. 5 months ago: ‘Unconditional surrender.’ Failed. Today: ‘Most crushing economic operation ever.’ Bound to fail,” Araghchi wrote on X.

His remarks followed US President Donald Trump’s announcement on Wednesday of what he described as the “most crushing economic operation ever taken” against countries providing a lifeline to Iran. Trump characterised the move as economic warfare and unprecedented isolation, calling it an “ECONOMIC D-DAY”.

The latest confrontation follows a June 18 memorandum of understanding between the United States and Iran concerning an end to the regional conflict on all fronts, including Lebanon. The two sides were expected to hold negotiations within 60 days to reach a final agreement. That period ended on Monday, but the status of the talks remains uncertain following renewed escalation between Washington and Tehran last month.

YesPunjab Logo
YesPunjab has a WhatsApp Channel
Follow it for the latest updates and headlines.

Stay Connected

219,202FansLike
109,267FollowersFollow

Popular - Latest

spot_img
spot_img

Ajj Da Hukamnama

showbiz

SPORTS & GAMES

BUSINESS

transfers & postings

OPINIONS