Bengaluru, August 12, 2026 (Yes Punjab News) Karnataka Home Minister Priyank Kharge on Wednesday said he personally ordered the Central Crime Branch (CCB) raid at Bengaluru’s Parappana Agrahara Central Prison, during which more than 10 mobile phones were recovered, including one allegedly found in the barrack of former MP Prajwal Revanna.
Police said several OTT applications were found on the mobile phone recovered from Prajwal’s barrack.
Kharge said he ordered the raid after noticing lapses during a visit to the prison about two weeks ago and obtaining approval from Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.
“I got the CCB raid conducted. A raid requires the permission of the Home Department. I had visited Parappana Agrahara two weeks ago and noticed certain lapses. Therefore, after obtaining the Chief Minister’s approval, I ordered the raid,” Kharge said.
He said the operation was based on information provided by officials and that he had directed authorities to suspend officials found to have facilitated irregularities inside the prison.
“Based on information from the officials, I ordered the raid. I have directed that all officials who facilitated these irregularities be suspended,” he said.
Kharge added that similar searches would be conducted regularly in prisons across Karnataka.
“This is not limited to Parappana Agrahara. Such operations will be conducted in all prisons across the state. They need to be conducted continuously. Some officials have not given up their old practices, and we are taking action against them,” he said.
He stressed, however, that disciplinary action against prison officials must follow established procedures and service rules.
The CCB raid on Tuesday led to the recovery of more than 10 mobile phones from different parts of the prison, including Prajwal’s barrack. Chargers and other prohibited items were also reportedly seized.
Prison Department DGP Alok Kumar said Assistant Superintendent Eeranna had been suspended over the lapses, while Jail Superintendent Anshukumar had been served a show-cause notice.
Kumar confirmed that a mobile phone and charger were recovered from Prajwal’s barrack and said several OTT applications were found on the device. Authorities will also examine whether the prison’s Wi-Fi network was used.
“VIP treatment should not be given to anyone. I cannot discuss all the items recovered during the raid at this stage. The raid itself is a message to the officials,” Kumar said.
He said seizure and mahazar procedures had to be completed before further details could be disclosed. A detailed investigation will determine how the prohibited items entered the prison and whether officials or others helped smuggle them inside.
Kumar said some mobile phones supplied earlier were still believed to be inside the prison, despite searches conducted a few days earlier.
Warning prison officials against collusion with inmates, he said strict action would follow if their involvement was established.
“If the involvement of any officials is established, they will be suspended without hesitation. If the government provides you with a job and food, you must remain loyal to your duty,” Kumar said.




























































































