New Delhi, July 27, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
The Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) on Monday warned that it would resume its nationwide agitation if the Centre fails to provide a written copy of the commitments it claims were made under the July 25 agreement that led to the suspension of its 49-day protest over the NEET paper leak.
Addressing a joint press conference with Rajya Sabha MP and senior advocate Kapil Sibal, CJP leaders alleged that police action against protesters had continued despite assurances that all existing FIRs would be withdrawn and no fresh cases would be registered.
CJP spokesperson Saurav Das said the party expected the Centre to furnish the written commitments by Tuesday, failing which it would be compelled to restart its agitation. He also claimed that the government had agreed to provide the “maximum possible compensation” to the families of those who allegedly died by suicide in connection with the NEET paper leak controversy and to consider the party’s five-point charter on examination reforms.
Earlier in the day, another CJP spokesperson, Ashutosh Ranka, alleged on social media that the government had failed to honour its assurance of refraining from punitive action against protesters. He claimed that hundreds of students had been arrested in Bihar and West Bengal, while volunteers in Delhi and other states were facing surveillance, detention and fresh criminal cases. He demanded the immediate withdrawal of all FIRs and an end to further police action.
The CJP had suspended its protest after three rounds of discussions with Union Ministers J.P. Nadda and Jitendra Singh. According to the party, the understanding reached during the talks included withdrawal of FIRs, protection from further legal action against protesters, compensation for affected families and consideration of examination-related reforms.
CJP leader Ratna Singh also alleged that police action had intensified in several states, claiming that multiple FIRs had been registered in Assam, 11 people had been arrested in Kolkata and 86 detained in Bihar.
The party announced the launch of an online platform, “Saakshi,” where protesters can upload videos and photographs documenting alleged police action.
Kapil Sibal said legal assistance would be extended to those facing action and announced a ₹1 crore fund to establish a nationwide legal support platform for affected protesters. He also alleged that Delhi Police was using facial recognition technology to identify protesters, raising concerns over surveillance and its possible misuse.
There was no immediate response from the Centre or Delhi Police to the allegations at the time of filing this report.


































































































