Karachi, August 17, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
At least 10 people were reportedly forcibly disappeared from the Maripur area of Karachi over the past week, according to local media reports, amid allegations of intensified operations in Baloch-majority neighbourhoods.
Online news network The Balochistan Post, citing sources, reported that Khalid Baloch, brother of former Baloch Students Action Committee chairman Shabbir Baloch, was allegedly forcibly disappeared from Maripur.
Nine others — Sooraj, Shahbaz, Sakhi, Aamir, Sameer, Allah Bakhsh, Aamir Wahid, Aziz Noor Dad and Sabir Aziz — were reportedly detained during separate operations over the past week.
According to the report, residents alleged that operations had been continuing for about a month in several Baloch-majority areas of Karachi. They claimed that Pakistan Rangers and intelligence personnel were conducting nighttime operations involving area cordons, searches and detentions.
The reports come amid separate allegations of enforced disappearances in Balochistan.
Paank, the Human Rights Department of the Baloch National Movement, said on Sunday that 27-year-old student Wajid Baloch was allegedly abducted from Qambrani Road in Quetta in the early hours of August 10 by personnel of Pakistan’s Counter Terrorism Department.
In another case, Paank alleged that 17-year-old student Asfand Baloch was abducted on August 4 from Killi Almas Airport Road in Quetta by personnel from Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence, Counter Terrorism Department and Military Intelligence.
The rights body said the disappearance of a minor raised serious concerns about his safety and well-being.
Paank also alleged that 40-year-old Asif Ali was forcibly disappeared from his home in Quetta on August 1 by ISI and CTD personnel. His whereabouts and condition have remained unknown, it said.
The rights organisation described the alleged disappearances of students and civilians as serious human rights violations and called on Pakistani authorities to disclose the whereabouts of the missing individuals, ensure their safety and release them.
It also urged the United Nations, international human rights organisations and the international community to take note of what it described as a continuing pattern of enforced disappearances in Balochistan and press Pakistan to ensure accountability and justice for victims and their families.























































































































