spot_img
spot_img

Two Killed, Two Injured as IED Hits Civilian Logistics Vehicle in Pakistan’s Balochistan

Quetta, August 17, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)

Two civilians were killed and two others injured after an improvised explosive device (IED) detonated on a civilian logistics vehicle in Quetta, the capital of Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan province, police sources said on Monday.

The incident took place around 3 p.m. local time on Sunday. According to police sources, the vehicle was carrying material for water pipelines when it was targeted by the IED.

The bodies of the deceased and the injured were taken to a hospital in Quetta, the sources said. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

The incident comes days after reports of Pakistani Air Force bombardment in residential areas of the Gidar area of Surab, where more than 30 civilians, including women and children, were reportedly killed and several others injured. The reported strikes also caused significant property damage.

Sabiha Baloch, a central leader of the Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC), condemned the reported bombardment, alleging that the incident reflected a pattern of violence against Baloch civilians. She described the reported killings as “genocide”.

In a post on X, Baloch alleged that the affected area was surrounded by Pakistani forces, restricting access for rescue teams, medical personnel, ambulances and journalists. She called for humanitarian assistance and independent documentation of the reported incident.

“I urge journalists, medical teams, humanitarian organisations, and people around the world to demand immediate access to the affected area and ensure medical assistance reaches survivors,” she said.

Human rights organisation Baloch Voice for Justice (BVJ) called for an immediate, independent and transparent investigation into the reported incident, with international monitoring.

The organisation said the identities and details of those killed and injured should be made public and those responsible held accountable. It also stressed that protection of civilians, particularly women and children, is a fundamental responsibility of the state and that military operations must comply with international humanitarian law and protections for civilian life.

BVJ urged the United Nations, UN human rights mechanisms, the US, the UK, the European Union and other members of the international community to address what it described as violence and war crimes against civilians in Balochistan.

The organisation said families affected by violence in the province had a right to justice, protection and information about the circumstances surrounding the deaths of their relatives.

YesPunjab Logo
YesPunjab has a WhatsApp Channel
Follow it for the latest updates and headlines.

Stay Connected

219,202FansLike
109,267FollowersFollow

Popular - Latest

spot_img
spot_img

Ajj Da Hukamnama

showbiz

SPORTS & GAMES

BUSINESS

transfers & postings

OPINIONS