Quetta, August 20, 2026 (Yes Punjab News)
Several Baloch human rights organisations and activists have condemned the alleged enforced disappearance of two women and their minor children in Quetta, accusing Pakistani security personnel of taking the four from their homes and demanding their immediate whereabouts be disclosed.
The victims have been identified as 27-year-old Umaira Baloch and her eight-year-old daughter, Parisa, and 28-year-old Najma Baloch and her 18-month-old son, Zakir.
According to rights groups, the four were allegedly taken from their homes in Gashkori Town on Wednesday by personnel associated with Pakistan’s Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) and Frontier Corps (FC). Their whereabouts have remained unknown since then.
The Baloch Women Forum (BWF) condemned the alleged abductions, saying the disappearance of women and children represented a serious violation of fundamental rights. It particularly expressed concern over the alleged disappearance of the 18-month-old child.
The forum said taking minors away without a transparent and lawful judicial process violated their fundamental rights and protections available under law.
The Human Rights Council of Balochistan (HRCB) also expressed concern, saying the alleged deprivation of liberty and disappearance of the children raised serious issues under international human rights law and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The HRCB called on Pakistani authorities to immediately disclose the whereabouts of Umaira, Najma, Parisa and Zakir, ensure their safety and secure their immediate and unconditional release. It also called for the families to be informed about their whereabouts and for the four to be protected against torture, ill-treatment or other harm.
The Baloch Voice for Justice (BVJ) alleged that security forces involved in such cases continued to operate without accountability across Balochistan and said the reported disappearance of women and children reflected a lack of respect for the rule of law.
Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) leader Sabiha Baloch also condemned the alleged disappearance, questioning what offence an eight-year-old girl and an 18-month-old child could have committed. She alleged that the incident amounted to collective punishment of Baloch families.
The allegations could not be independently verified. Pakistani authorities have not been quoted in the report as responding to the allegations.
































































































