Sunday, September 19, 2021
Farmers Debt Relief

77 shaheed soliders

516 sewa kendras

9300 cr Investment

helpline portal

jallianwala bagh

mrsptu

Markfed Sept to Nov

Innocent Admission

Prince Harry-Meghan Markle makes statement after dropping Sussex Royal brand

- Advertisement -

London, Feb 23, 2020-

The UK’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle have made an extraordinary statement laying bare their frustrations after being forced to drop their Sussex Royal brand, the media reported.

In the statement, the couple claimed that the Queen does not have “jurisdiction” over the term “royal” overseas, while confirming they would no longer be trademarking the name, the Metro newspaper said in a report on Saturday.

Outlining their new roles within the monarchy, the couple suggested that they had been treated differently to other royals who have been allowed to seek employment outside of the institution while retaining their titles.

Expressing regret they had not received all the concessions they had hoped for, the statement said: “The preference of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex was to continue to represent and support Her Majesty The Queen albeit in a more limited capacity, while not drawing on the Sovereign Grant.

“While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place.”

The couple’s statement came hours after Buckingham Palace on Friday night announced they would be abandoning their attempts to work under the name ‘Sussex Royal’, reports the Metro newspaper.

Harry and Meghan had applied for a UK trademark for the term, which covered hundreds of items including printed matter, clothing, campaigning, charitable fundraising, education and social care services.

In a shocking announcement last month, the couple said they planned to step back from their duties as senior members of the royal family and “transition into a new working model” last month.

The Sussexes’ new role was agreed after a summit of senior royals was convened by the Queen at Sandringham to discuss their desire to take a step back and strive for financial independence.

It will be reviewed after a 12-month period.  (Agency)

- Advertisement -

Yes Punjab - TOP STORIES

Punjab News

Sikh News

Transfers, Postings, Promotions

- Advertisement -spot_img

Stay Connected

20,369FansLike
112,287FollowersFollow

ENTERTAINMENT

National

GLOBAL

OPINION

Joe Biden

Joe Biden’s QUAD summit could yield up to $100bn in military sales – by Robinder Sachdev

US President Joe Biden will be hosting the QUAD countries' heads of governments summit this coming week, in Washington D.C. – comprising of the...
Taliban captures Kandahar

Finally, the Taliban are on the receiving end – by Amjad Ayub Mirza

London, Sep 17, 2021- As missiles came raining down on Kabul during the early afternoon of September 16, it sent a disturbing message across...
Rahul Gandhi Congress Neon

RaGa’s Kashmiri Pandit solidarity may be an assertion for electoral gain – By Deepika Bhan

Thirty-one years after the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits from Kashmir, the Nehru-Gandhi family has for the first time unambiguously spoken up for the community....

SPORTS

Health & Fitness

Gallbladder

Is gallbladder gangrene a new post-Covid risk?

New Delhi, Sep 17, 2021- Doctors at Sir Ganga Ram hospital (SGRH) here on Friday reported five cases of gallbladder gangrene among people two months after they recovered from Covid-19 infections. The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ on the right side of the abdomen, beneath the liver. Its function is to store bile needed for the digestion of fats...

Gadgets & Tech

error: Content is protected !!