26 C
Friday, October 22, 2021


yes punjab punjabi redirection

Mera Ghar

Loan Waiver

Kisan Victims

Water Bills

Electricity Bills

Invest Punjab

Group D


PSSSB Chemical

Markfed Sept to Nov


New Energy Wagon introduces Chinese manufacturer GAIA’s Electric Car in India

- Advertisement -

Chennai, September 17, 2021 (Yes Punjab News)
Tirupur-headquartered New Energy Wagon Pvt. Ltd has forayed into the electric mobility space by introducing GAIA passenger cars to the Indian market. New Energy Wagon has taken sole marketing rights for the vehicle from the manufacturing company GAIA International in China. The vehicle is all set to hit the roads.

Directors of New Energy Wagon Raj Sivanantham and Diana Robert formally unveiled GAIA a fortnight back at Hyatt Regency in Chennai to familiarize the dealers about the vehicle.

Raj Sivanantham, an entrepreneur and car lover, has always longed to usher in a revolution in the automobile industry. “There is no better time than now to introduce the GAIA range of vehicles. Mainstream EVs will not only transform the automotive industry but help decarbonize the planet as well,” say both – Raj and Diana.

The directors of New Energy Wagon vouch to ensure transparency in service, strengthen brand loyalty and customer relations. “We are the only company till date assuring lifetime warranty for the battery,” asserted Raj.

Though the adoption of EVs is still nascent in India, the recognition is widespread and gaining ground. People are becoming conscious of rising emission levels and skyrocketing fuel prices. This in a way is forcing the masses to look at alternative options.

As per industry analysis, increased use of EVs would shoot up the electricity demand manifold, by over 100 TWh within the next 10 years. The EV market in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 44 per cent over the next five years with the annual sales hitting 63 lakh units by 2027.

Explaining some of the salient features of the vehicle, Raj said that the GAIA runs on a DC motor that powers up to 3000 rpm, taking in the electric charge from 72 watts lithium-ion battery. This specific battery has been compressed to save weight and space.

On full charge (which could take about 6 -7 hours), the vehicle would be able to cover 150 kms. Incidentally, this is above par for a vehicle in this segment.

Further, being a rear-wheel driven car, the vehicle would provide the required grip while climbing, which in turn can result in greater efficiency at good speed.

The GAIA is built on mono chassis, and is a perfect companion for urban and metropolitan cities. This automatic transmission (gear-less) vehicle is available in five unique colours such as blue, white, black, light grey and dark grey.

Unlike other vehicles which are built majorly of fibre materials, GAIA’s metal body parts account for close to 90 percent leaving just about 10 percent for fibre materials.

The New Energy cars have been designed to meet the future of energy conservation. It is configured like a “third living space”, and could occupy an important role alongside the home and workplace. Priority has been given to the interior designing of the vehicle. The style and body work can play an essential role.

The wheel-base of this 4-seater passenger car is 1850 mm and ground clearance is 170 mm.

New energy Wagon is targeting to sell 2500 cars in its maiden year of launch.

The waiting period after booking is expected to range between 6 and 8 weeks at this juncture. (Agency)

Subscribe to YesPunjab Telegram Channel & receive important news updates

- Advertisement -

Yes Punjab - TOP STORIES

Punjab News

Sikh News

Transfers, Postings, Promotions

- Advertisement -spot_img

Stay Connected






Security Force in Kashmir

Kashmir: A battle that has been laid off for far too long- by Amjad Ayub Mirza

On October 22, 1947 Pakistan attacked the State of Jammu and Kashmir. It was the beginning of a conflict that would leave thousands dead...
Indian Population

In the light of the population explosion debate – by Nirendra Dev

Mizoram has made news -- not necessarily for the wrong reasons but certainly for quite unexpected reasons. North-Eastern India generally makes news due to...
Terrorists Shadow

Tackling the resurgence of jihad in Kashmir – by Amjad Ayub Mirza

With three encounters taking place in less than 24 hours between October 10 and 11, terrorist insurgency has effectively resurged in the Kashmir Valley....


Health & Fitness

Breast Cancer

50% rise in breast cancer among middle-aged women in India: Report

New Delhi, Oct 22, 2021- Since the last three years, there has been a 50 per cent rise in middle-aged women (aged 35-50 years) reporting cases of breast cancer in India, said doctors at a private hospital here on Friday. The estimates are based on OPD records by doctors, the Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals said in a statement. "Based on our records...

Gadgets & Tech