New Delhi, Feb 26, 2020 –
The Delhi High Court, on Wednesday, told the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) that students having board exam centres in violence hit areas in the national capital need to be informed in one go about schedule for next 10-15 days and not on piecemeal basis.
Justice Rajiv Shakdher said that the situation is getting worse and there have been more deaths and, therefore, CBSE needs to take a call for next 10-15 days.
The court directed it to come up with instructions about a long term plan by 2.15 p.m. on Wednesday.
It was hearing a petition seeking a direction to change the examination centre for students undertaking class 10 and 12 CBSE examination.
The petition, filed by Bhai Parmanand Vidya Mandir and kin of students, stated that it is “absolutely impossible to even think of approaching the examination centre, much less reaching there in time to take their exams.”
“The situation is so grim and precarious that the students had to rush outside the school from the back gate and a girl child reported her horrible experience of having been stalked and chased by an armed mob,” the plea stated.
Several parts of northeast Delhi have been wracked by violence over the past three days. Supporters and opponents of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act have been engaged in clashes since Saturday night. At least 20 people have died so far in the violence.
Besides this, the school said that the CBSE kept the examination centre 16 kilometres from the school, which is against the rules.
“As per the general conditions of examinations issued by the CBSE, the centre has to be located within 10 km and is generally, by and large, allotted within 5-6 km to every school,” the plea submitted. (Agency)