There was a time when economy-focused leisure travellers used to find it hard to get airport lounge access. Gone are those days, as now lounge visitors comprise a crowd of regular business travellers and individuals who are not frequent fliers.
Earlier, all you needed was a credit card lounge access to utilise luxurious lounge facilities like cosy seating and a complimentary buffet for free. But now you must fulfil some additional measures, which we will discuss in the following sections.
What Are the Guidelines You Need to Follow for Assured Lounge Access?
As the credit card companies extended various offers to make lounge access readily available to their cardholders, gradually, these lavish zones became overly crowded. Thus, to ensure the optimum comfort for domestic and international passengers, the issuers began prioritising guests with an additional priority pass.
Here you can find a few points that will help you gain sure-shot lounge access in most airports around the globe.
Purchase priority pass: The membership benefits of owning the Priority pass are extended to travellers on a halt in any of their partner airports across 600 cities worldwide.
Gaining lounge access even before you arrive at one of the selected airports is super easy. All you need to do is install their mobile application and inform the lounge management so that they can pre-arrange the customised offerings for you.
Select a credit card with complimentary lounge access: While acquiring a credit card, it is worth double-checking whether it offers lounge benefits for certain selected airports. You can look closely at the best lounge access credit cards available in India later in this article.
Become an annual airport lounge member: Purchasing an annual airport membership is suitable for passengers who often visit a major airport all year round. Also, these memberships help you collect points that you can utilise later to reduce air ticket prices.
Stay loyal to an airline brand: Sometimes, reaching elite status with a particular flight operator can give you an upper hand over other passengers who desire lounge access. Thus, frequent boarders and business people can use this strategy to their advantage.
Fly with a person with credit card lounge access: If you travel with any acquaintance with an active lounge membership, you can take advantage of this and visit a lounge free of cost.
7 Most Popular Lounge Access Credit Cards for You to Try in 2022
Check out the list of credit cards used in Indian and overseas airports to avail premium lounge benefits.
CitiBank Premier Miles Credit Card: Owners of this card earn bonus air miles as rewards each time they renew their credit cards. In addition, there are several other benefits, and you can accumulate some extra miles through daily transactions.
Annual Fee: Rs. 3,000 + GST
* CitiBank extends 6 complimentary lounge access facilities to its customers who use this international lounge access credit card. It can add up to 8 free-to-use lounge benefits if you are a Visa card owner.
* Additional rewards are provided on each travel reservation.
* The company assures frequent flyers of insurance coverage of up to Rs. 1 Crore.
SBI Elite Credit Card: Consumers who heavily rely on credit purchases can select this card not only to simplify their efforts towards attaining lounge access but also to support daily expenses.
Annual Fee: Rs. 4,999 + GST
* Cardholders automatically receive Silver Membership of Club Vistara.
* Travellers secure Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership and vouchers to reduce their shopping and dining costs.
* SBI guarantees these cardholders 6 complimentary overseas lounge access and 2 complimentary domestic lounge access annually.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card: Being part of the ICICI Gem Collection gives you access to the Dreamfolks Pass. For those unaware, it is the world’s first digital air platform that secures lounge access for its members in more than 120 nations, including India.
Annual Fee: Rs. 6,500 + GST
* Lounge visitors using this card get seamless access to 4 domestic airport lounges quarterly, and 2 complimentary lounge visits in foreign destinations annually.
* Shopping, travel and dining offers are also attached to this card.
SBI Prime Credit Card: If you have a healthy credit score above 750, you may easily apply for this credit card and avail yourself of its benefits.
Annual Fee: Rs. 2,999 + GST
* Airport visitors get 4 complimentary international lounge access permits and 8 complimentary domestic lounge usage grants using this card.
* Also, you get Club Vistara Silver Membership and Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership by owning this card.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card: This card is recommended for users who incur a high credit balance each month.
Annual Fee: Rs. 3,000 + GST
* Travellers get 2 complimentary domestic lounge accesses each quarter.
* Perks include frequent travel and shopping vouchers.
Axis Bank Select Credit Card: Apart from meeting daily credit purchases, the SELECT credit card is an excellent choice for airline passengers.
Annual Fee: Rs. 3,000 + GST
* Cardholders are entitled to 6 complimentary international airport lounge access (annually) and 2 domestic lounge access per quarter.
* Cardholders occasionally acquire travel and dining vouchers.
Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card: This card is quite popular among entry-level credit card applicants and comes with an insanely low annual maintenance fee. It is suitable for movie and sports lovers as it provides a free Sony Liv subscription and discounted movie ticket rates all year round.
Annual Fee: Rs. 500 + GST
* Customers are eligible for 1 complimentary credit card lounge access in one quarter.
* You receive dining vouchers and shopping discounts from time to time.
Before getting a credit card that awards exclusive lounge access, you should consider how frequently you need to travel. Next, you must compare each credit issuer’s offerings to evaluate what best suits your interest. Once you have selected one particular company, you may easily ensure lounge access approval by simply posting a request well in advance using their dedicated mobile app.