Moga, October 17, 2020 (Yes Punjab News)
Moga Police has arrested a Notorious Drug Smuggler with a huge recovery of 60,000 narcotic pills.
While giving this information, Senior Superintendent of Police Mr Harmanbir Singh Gill said that Ram Nath Sethi son of Khushal Chand resident of Mistryan Wali Gali Moga runs a medical store at Fauji Market Moga in the name of Sushant Pharma, operates a drug smuggling racket by sourcing the narcotic tablets from Pindi Street, Ludhiana, and supplying it in the areas in and around Moga.
While was on his way from Dana Mandi Moga to Zira Road in-car Indigo bearing number PB29 N 4107, Ram Nath Sethi was apprehended by the team of Anti Narcotics Drug Cell Moga and 60,000 narcotic pills 100-SR were recovered from the accused.
In the preliminary interrogation, the accused has admitted that he had sourced the drug pills from one Pawan of Pindi street, Ludhiana. Ram Nath Sethi is wanted in seven FIRs relating to drug smuggling in PS Mehna, PS City South Moga, PS Sadar Moga and PS Sadar Zira.
FIR No. 171 Dated 16.10.20 u/s 22 NDPS Act, Police Station City Moga, was registered against Ram Nath Sethi son of Khushal Chand resident of Mistry Street. The forward and backward linkages are being examined with an eye on uncovering a big drug cartel and making a further recovery in the process.
1. 60,000 drug pills 100-SR.
2. A car Indigo bearing number PB29 N 410.
FIRs against Ram Nath Sethi:
1. FIR No. 109 dated 24.01.19 U/s 29/61/85 NDPS Act PS Sadar Zira.
2. FIR No. 147 dated 16.07.16 U/s 22/61/85 NDPS Act PS City South Moga.
3. FIR No. 73 dated 03.09.13 U/s 22/61/85 NDPS Act PS Mehna.
4. FIR No. 82 dated 04.08.17 U/s 29/61/85 NDPS Act PS Mehna.
5. FIR No. 11 dated 25.01.12 U/s 22/61/85 NDPS Act PS City South Moga.
6. FIR No. 03 dated 09.01.10 U/s 22/61/85 NDPS Act PS City South Moga.
7. FIR No. 115 dated 07.09.20 U/s 2961/85 NDPS Act PS Sadar Moga.