New Delhi, July 5, 2019-
Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made her maiden Budget Speech on Friday and presented the Union Budget 2019-20 before Parliament.
The key highlights of Union Budget 2019 are as follows:
10-point Vision for the decade
1. Building Team India with Jan Bhagidari: Minimum Government Maximum Governance.
2. Achieving green Mother Earth and Blue Skies through a pollution-free India.
3. Making Digital India reach every sector of the economy.
4. Launching Gaganyan, Chandrayan, other Space and Satellite programmes.
5. Building physical and social infrastructure.
6. Water, water management, clean rivers.
7. Blue Economy.
8. Self-sufficiency and export of food-grains, pulses, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables.
9. Achieving a healthy society via Ayushman Bharat, well-nourished women & children,
safety of citizens.
10. Emphasis on MSMEs, Start-ups, defence manufacturing, automobiles, electronics, fabs and batteries, and medical devices under Make in India. (Agency)