Ludhiana, July 02, 2021 (Yes Punjab News)
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused a huge disturbance in the life and livelihood of the Insured Persons (IPs) Covered under the ESI Act. In order to provide help and relief to the families of the Insured Persons who died due to COVID-19, ESIC has approved “ESIC COVID-19 Relief Scheme” for the dependents of the deceased Insured Persons, which shall be effective for a period of two years w.e.f. 24.03.2020.
In case of death of Insured Person due to COVID-19 during the pandemic period, the eligible dependent family members will be paid periodic payments upto 90% of the average daily wages of the deceased IP,directly to the bank account. The Minimum relief under the Scheme shall be Rs. 1800/- per month.
Eligibility conditions and Implementation procedure
1. The Insured Person who died due to COVID-19 disease must have been registered on the ESIC online portal at least three months prior to the date of diagnosis of COVID-19 disease resulting in his/her death.
2. The deceased IP must have been in employment on the date of diagnosis of COVID-19 disease and contributions for at least 70 days should have been paid or payable in respect of him/her during a period of maximum one year immediately preceding the diagnosis of COVID-19 disease resulting in death.
3. For the IPs who were availing Maternity Benefit or Extended Sickness Benefit (ESB) or Temporary Disablement Benefit and died due to COVID-19 and who fall short of the required 70 days of contribution due to being on MB, TDB or ESB, the number of days they were on MB, TDB or ESB during the period of one year prior to the diagnosis of COVID-19 will be counted for their eligibility for relief under the scheme.
4. The claimant of the relief will be required to submit their claim for relief under the Scheme in prescribed form enclosing the COVID-19 positive report and death certificate of the deceased IP in nearest ESIC Branch Office.
5. Proof of the age and identity of dependents shall be given by means of Aadhar or Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority.
6. The spouse of the deceased IP shall be eligible for medical care in ESIC institutions on depositing Rs. 120/- lump-sum for one year.
7. In the event of unfortunate death of Insured Person, a sum of Rs. 15000/-is paid either to eldest surviving member or the person who actually performs the last rites of the Insured Person.
All eligible persons are requested to file their claims at the earliest. Detailed scheme and forms are available at ESIC Website or contact our nodal officers at Branch Offices and Sub Regional Office as per detail below-
1. Sh.Satinder Singh , SRO,ESIC,SCF 22-23, Ph-II, Urban Estate, Focal Point, Ludhiana:- 9417264693
2. Sh. Anil Kumar Kathuria,Branch Manager, Focal Point,Ludhiana: 9988506595
3. Sh. Jaswant Singh,Branch Manager, Giaspura, Ludhiana:9646300463
4. Sh. Ravinder Rawat,Branch Manager, Gill Road, Ludhiana:8054931280
5. Sh. Ami Lal,Branch Manager, Rahon Roan, Ludhiana:7837030600
6. Smt. Ranjana Goswami, Branch Manager, Kohara, Ludhiana: 9814999745