Chandigarh, July 3, 2020 (Yes Punjab News)
Taking cognizance of the anti-national and provocative tele-calling campaign witnessed during the last couple of days, Haryana Police has registered an FIR against Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, a US based Self-styled Chief of the banned pro-Khalistan outfit ‘Sikhs for Justice’ (SFJ), on the charges of sedition and secessionism at Police Station Bhondsi, Gurugram.
2. A case FIR has been registered u/s 124-A, 153-A of IPC and Sections 10(a) and 13 of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
3. Giving this information here today, a spokesperson of Haryana Police said that Pannun has been seen running a secessionist campaign through automated phone calls against India from the US and indulging in unlawful activities aimed at threatening the sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of India.
4. The FIR has been registered on a complaint filed by Inspector, Special Task Force (STF), Gurugram after US based Gurpatwant Singh Pannun of SFJ, was seen blaming the Government of Haryana and its people for being inimical to the interests of Sikhs and Punjabis.
5. Being a member of the SFJ, which has been pushing for ‘Sikh Referendum 2020’ as part of its secessionist agenda, Pannun poses a major threat to the communal harmony and unity of the country. He has also been indulging in unlawful activity by exhorting the Sikhs from Haryana to take part in voting registration for the illegal referendum to be held online on July 4, 2020.
6. The State Police has been maintaining utmost vigilance to monitor the activities of anti-national elements indulging in unlawful activities in the interest of national security, he added.
YesPunjab now has two separate Facebook Pages for English & Punjabi content – Please Like & Share both Pages
English FB Page – https://www.facebook.com/yespunjab/
Punjabi FB Page – https://www.facebook.com/yespunjabpunjabi/