Nirmal Baba postpones functions, goes underground ?
- Written by editor
H S Bawa
Jalandhar, June 8- Controversial godman Nirmal Baba has postponed at least four of his ‘Samagams’ to be held at Siri Fort Auditorium in Delhi. The baba with a third eye has gone underground, it is said.
Baba’s ‘Samagams’ for 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th June have been postponed and the notice has been put on the website of Nirmal Baba.
The Website has, on the top of its homepage, put an Important Notice which says that ‘All Samagams for June 2012 have been postponed. Information regarding new dates will be informed by phone to all devotees.’
‘Devotees’ had already paid for ‘entrance fee’ to these ‘Samagams’ in advance for all these four ‘samagms’. Baba has reportedly cancelled the June Samagams booked at Siri Fort Auditorium. The booking was got cancelled on June 6, it has been claimed.
The above ‘Samagams’ were booked to the capacity and all ‘tickets’ had been sold. Baba’s sponsored programmes on various channels had earlier claimed that bookings for these dates were over as ‘all tickets have been sold out’.
A private national channel has however claimed that Baba has gone underground and ‘Nirmal Darbar’ has been locked, at least for now. The channel’s journalists visited the Office of ‘Nirmal Darbar’ where instead of providing information to them, they were maltreated and asked to leave.
It is pertinent to mention here that personal and phone appointments with Nirmal Baba had already been ‘closed’.
It is for the first time that Nirmal Baba has apologized for the inconvenience to his followers.
Baba has cited weather and legal hassles as the reasons behind the postponement of his ‘samagams.